Jamaican Author and Poetess Denise N. Fyffe
Denise N. Fyffe, B.Sc., P. Dip., b.1981 in Kingston, Jamaica, completed her Bachelors degree in Career Development and Counselling and Post Graduate Diploma in Education at the Vocational Training and Development Institute (VTDI). She also studied Software Development and Design with the Caribbean Institute of Technology (CIT). As a child, she attended Harbour View Primary and Camperdown High.
Since 1998, Denise has worked within the Education industry. During her career, she has worked for organisations such as Infoserv Institute of Technology, Vocational Training Development Institute, Heart Trust NTA, Pearson Education and the University College of the Caribbean.
Over the past decade, this prolific Jamaican writer has authored over 25 books. They span several genres including poetry, academic, trade, culture and Christian literature. As one of the Board members of the Jamaican Writers Society, she is passionate about sharing her culture and progressing the cause of the writer in Jamaica.
Denise holds fast to the philosophy that you should follow your interests as knowledge empowers you and she advises, “Do not set limitations on your profession or potential.” Therefore, she does not believe that one must only study one specific field.
For over a decade, Denise published several volumes of poetry, Christian books, academic themed books and other trade books while maintaining quite a few blogs on the WordPress platform; including The Island Journal.
Denise believes her true calling in life is to be a writer and all else are bonus gifts that she has had the divine freedom and blessing to explore. Her morals are deeply rooted in Christian principles and she lives to be a genuine example of her faith.
Her Personal Message: “Don’t give up on your dreams.”
Books by Denise N. Fyffe:
- Jamaican Pebbles
- Jamaican Pebbles: Poetry Pocketbook
- Messages to The Deaf
- Be Lifted Up
- Recount Jamaica
- A Heart Staged in Pain, Anger and Denial
- A Heart Staged in Depression
- A Heart Staged in Acceptance
- A Heart Staged in Grief
- The Expert Teacher’s Guide on How to Motivate Students
- Learning Management System Efficiency vs. Staff Proficiency
- Sophie’s Place: A look at Career Development for the Disabled
- Examining Career Development in Jamaica and Australia
- The Philosophy of Education and Work
- Thieves in the Workplace
- Empowering the 21st Century Worker
- Is the Registry Happy: Examining Career Development in Learning Organisations
- The Guidance Counsellor’s Handbook
- The Jamaican Guidance Counsellor’s Handbook
- Sudden Death: Loosening Foundations
- Declarations for my Sons
- Declarations for my Daughters
- Declarations for my Sons and Daughters
- The Island Journal: Jamaica’s Golden Year
- The Island Journal
- Fibroids: The Alien Assassins in My Body
Her books can be found at a number of online websites, including: